Thursday, March 26, 2015

Big Van Many Riders

Greetings fellow Laura fans and family!

Well, my dream of visiting the Laura Ingalls Wilder home sites has actually begun! Well, almost. We leave tomorrow morning and are nearly ready, minus some odds and ends, and it seems so surreal. Of all my favorite books on LIW I own, I re-read the most the ones about other Laura nerds who did the home site trips, living vicariously through them. I'm sure when I first get to Pepin, Wisconsin, Laura's birthplace, it will start to sink in. For now, it is last minute jitters, spring break fever, and a hope that My husband Joe and I can get some z's tonight before loading up our 17 million kids in "the wagon" and heading down historic Highway 14 - the Laura Ingalls Wilder Memorial Highway. Thanks for coming along!

2 comments:

  1. Are you reading the Laura books to the kids as you travel? So glad you are able to do this trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mollie was reading Little House in the Big Woods the entire trip, and Trey is halfway through Farmer Boy but left his book at home. I filled in all the gaps with my own tutorial, I assure you:):)

      Delete